Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This guy


Today I am extremely grateful for this guy named John. 

Not just any guy… this John, who I believe was created to be my mate for life… John, who sold his mountain bike to buy Winston (our first dog) for my birthday 14 years ago…John, who encouraged me to start my own photography business after the seed was planted… John, who says he enjoys when I talk his ear off late at night whether he really does or not…  John, who sees when his wife is on her last leg and somehow swoops in to pick up the pieces EVERY TIME… John, who puts some action behind ‘family first’ regardless of criticism from others… John, who says ‘you go to New York again and enjoy your time with your friends’ while offering to keep all 3 kiddos for 6 days (again)… John, who agreed to let me take Sam (our large Great Pyrenees) in the same vehicle with the 5 of us and all of our things for a 5 day trip to Mom & Dad’s house in March for the birthday celebration BECAUSE it was Sam’s birthday, too… John, who knows how stressful shot day is for each of his children but even more stressful for their mom and doesn’t think any less of me because of it… John, while knowing how stressful shot day is- deemed today Father/Daughter Day so he could accompany Ms. Kylie to her 5 yr check-up & in exchange for being ‘a big girl’ while getting her finger pricked and 4 shots in one day will treat her like the princess that she is… John, who encourages me to keep going when I am scared to death I don’t have what it takes… John, who partnered with me, ready to go through whatever we may face as a team… John, who isn’t satisfied with staying the way he is but constantly seeking ways to be a better father, husband, friend, etc… John, who... loves... me!

“Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.”     I Corinthians 13: 4-8a

1 comment: